Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Departure

I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'M SO SCARED
Saved by the Bell (photo from quickmeme)



















This is really happening.

I have officially left Texas. 

First, to Philadelphia for staging. I met my training group of about 45 soon-to-be Peace Corps Volunteers. In staging we had a day of preparation for departure, training, and service. A day to bridge ourselves between home and Madagascar.

Next, to Africa. Before long, I will be flying over ocean blue and distant lands to Madagascar. I will be going to my new home for the next two years.

Once I arrive to Madagascar, I will be off the communication grid for the first few weeks of training (aka, no phone or internet). In other words, you won't hear from me for a while. But I
will post my new adventures at first chance.

I'm excited. I'm a little scared, but my confidence and excitement have continued to strengthen since I stepped onto the plane to staging. I am ready. 

This is really happening.

2 comments: