Friday, January 16, 2015

Live Action

It started as a mere concept and theory. It started as a collection of words--peace, justice, compassion, understanding, development, service--that first manifested intellectually. A collection of words that patiently, painstakingly grew beyond a theory and sunk into my heart.

It started with me. How easy it was to
discuss the importance of peace and justice. How challenging it was to live out peace and justice in my own heart, in my own life, in my own immediate world. How challenging it is to continue to pursue ideas that patiently, painstakingly grow beyond a theory and move into live action.

Live action. Real action. And not action that happened yesterday. Not action that might happen tomorrow. Action that happens now. Action that seeks peace, justice, compassion, understanding, development, and service today. The action that gets stuff done.

Action started as a mere concept and theory. Action started with me. It is growing into something greater. It is growing into something beyond me. 

I am moving farther out of my comfort zone than ever before. I am going beyond my own world to serve people I've never met in a country I've never been to. I am putting my nose to the grind and my faith to the test.

Theory is no good without action. Action confined to one's own life has little effect and endurance. I am putting forth action to make a difference in the world...and it's live.






1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! You are a great example to the people around you. Be safe and come back to us!

    ReplyDelete